Advantages of Technorati - you can look at like minded individuals and read their blogs without search strings in google; the current posts are listed first
Disadvantages - there is a lot of information in the layout of the site and it's easy to get distracted
Thoughts about tagging:
I think that the social tagging of sites and blogs is interesting. It's a way to see what other people are looking at and how they think, but cultural differences, slang, and the fact that there is no uniformity (like in a catalog) can slow down the process of finding what you're looking for. It would be a fun lesson to show a group of kids the same list of websites and see what they tag them as - I'm sure that would be eye opening for the students too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am enjoying reading your blog entries. You are really thinking about how you can use what you are learning in your school environment. Keep up the good work. School starts soon and I only had time to work on weekends while school was in session. So, keep plugging away. You are doing a great job!
I am enjoying reading your blog entries. You are really thinking about how you can use what you are learning in your school environment. Keep up the good work. School starts soon and I only had time to work on weekends while school was in session. So, keep plugging away. You are doing a great job!
Thanks - I just realized that there are only 3 weeks left till school starts, and, as usual, that big, long list of what I thought I'd get done this summer sits with only one or two things crossed off. Sigh...
Post a Comment