Monday, July 21, 2008
Week 6 - Thing # 13 - Del.icio.us
I played with del.icio.us and watched the tutorial provided. I think that the site is easy to use, and just as easily leads to off into the research void - by that, I mean that you can easily get sidetracked and off task - finding a lot of neat things, but not necessarily what you came looking for :) I think that students will enjoy the social aspect of it, but teaching kids about reliability of a source takes on a whole new level when you start to include what other people bookmark. Students of all ages have to be careful when looking at the authority of their sources and keep in mind that just because a site has been bookmarked by many doesn't mean that it's a good source for a report. All that being said, I think that to keep up on current politics and other current issues, del.icio.us is a very useful tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment