Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing 11 - week 5

I have been interested lately in a way to organize my bookmarks. I have three machines at work and sometimes it's tough to remember which computer has which bookmarks; I also have some of the same sites marked on both machines. So, in an attempt to organize, I chose the social bookmarking site Ma.gnolia to join. It happens to be one I researched on my own before school was out and one of the big features for me is that I can mark some or all of my bookmarks private. I know, it defeats the social part of it, but for now I'm happy with it. You also need an openid, yahoo, facebook, or some other type of account to use it.

I like the fact that Ma.gnolia creates tags based on your folder names when you import the bookmarks. I'm excited to go back to my room this summer and export all of my bookmarks and spend some time tagging and organizing, which I know will help me next year. Ma.nolia also has an application that you can add to your browser so you can add sites while surfing. Sharing of sites with other group members can be an educational tool - one that I will explore further this summer. In the meantime this is cool! :)

1 comment:

Librarian in the Valley said...

Ma.gnolia is a new one to me. Thank you for sharing that information. You are moving along great through the 23 things. Keep up the good work.