Monday, August 11, 2008

Thing 16 - week 7 - wikis

I really liked the SJCPL pathfinder wiki - this would be fun to get the h.s. departments to do together for their students and would really help kids and their research skills. The teacher-librarian wiki was simple to use, but I think I was missing something, I didn't notice much posted on the site past the first page of the topic (could be my fault, or maybe I had to register?). The library bloggers wiki - very neat and I could get lost for hours here reading some of the informational and entertaining blogs.

How to apply to school?
  • Departments creating a wiki for students
  • Classes creating wikis on projects - if done correctly could really improve research skills and eliminate some of the wasted time as students could see what their peers already found.
  • Me - book talks, online book clubs

1 comment:

Librarian in the Valley said...

I am in an elementary school but since doing this class I now use wikis for my pathfinders for research projects. I invite the teachers to add sites and resources. You are moving along so well. Great job!